Our wooden toys are hydrated and well nourished with all natural wax made of organic beeswax and greek olive oil
Wooden toys are hardwearing and more environmentally friendly than plastic toys. With proper care, your children will be able to pass their wooden toys down to their own kids on day! As long as you know how to clean wooden toys effectively, they should continue looking great for generations.
Are wooden toys hygienic?
Wood has natural antibacterial quality, so it won’t harbour dangerous bacteria. This is because wood is naturally antimicrobial. Due to its porous nature, it draws moisture away from the surface, killing the bacteria. So you can take some comfort in the fact that your child’s wooden toys are less likely to harbour nasty germs.
How often should I clean my toys?
Wooden toys are incredibly low maintenance due to their natural antibacterial quality and won’t need cleaning often unless they’re been used around food or if the child has been sick.
What should I use to clean wooden toys?
It’s actually very simple! Wooden toys don’t require harsh chemicals, special products or equipment so don’t worry!
You’ll likely have everything you need already like a clean cloth, warm water and a mild cleaning product of your choice that could be white vinegar, apple cider vinegar, a soap solution, or a non-toxic cleaning product safe for children.
How I can clean my wooden toys?
Cleaning wooden toys is very simple Here’s how to do it:
1. Make your cleaning solution. If you use vinegar, a 1:10 ratio of vinegar to water will be perfect.
2. Use a damp cloth to wipe the mixture over the toy.
3. Wipe with dry cloth to remove any remaining product or soap residue.
4. Leave the toys to air dry completely.
5. Over time your toys may feel a bit "rough" due to normal use. In this case, simply take a little sandpaper and sand your toy back to smooth again!
Don’t worry if you notice your wooden toys are looking faded or dried out. You can gently wipe them with olive or mineral oil to restore their original shine. Beeswax is also a great baby-safe option that will protect your toys from drying out, prevent scratches and keep them looking fantastic!
What should avoid when I clean wooden toys?
Cleaning wooden toys is easy but they need proper care since some methods can damage them.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
1. Never soak or submerge wood. This will cause it to swell or change shape. A quick wipe with damp cloth will provide enough moisture for cleaning without damaging it.
2. Always air dry the wood. Drying wooden toys too quickly with a heater or hairdryer could cause the wood to split.
3. You should also never use harsh chemicals, like bleach. Not only are they toxic for your baby, but they’ll also dry out and bleach the wood. This could lead to cracking or discolouration.
Your child’s toys will stay gorgeous for years to come.